Now, I don’t usually make New Year’s Resolutions, and yes, I am aware that it’s not quite the new year yet, but I feel compelled to put down a couple of things that I hope to accomplish and avoid this year. Maybe if I actually put them down here for the public to view I will feel as though I’m being held accountable!
This year, I resolve to:
- Focus on quality time with my daughter and realize that I will never be able to spend the quantity of time with her that I want.
- Distinguish wants from needs and act appropriately when confronted with the overwhelming desire to purchase yet another item that I will use for two weeks and then put away forever.
- Keep my extremely personal life personal and not divulge every detail to those I do not truly consider my best friends. Because I frequently open myself up to people I feel close to, I provide them with ammunition that frequently gets used against me, hurting only myself.
- Not be too emotional at work. I tend to get upset too easily and my emotion comes through. Although I am a human, this is not acceptable in professional situations.
- Improve my programming skills and read at least one new technical book per month.
- Blog at least once per week.
- Be true to myself and not be made into someone others want me to be.
- Don’t take life for granted and realize that I should appreciate the small miracles around me. I believe this will make me a happier person. I’ve been struggling with a sort of depression lately and it’s very easy in this state to overlook the simple things that bring joy to life.
That’s quite a long list of resolutions to try to meet but they are all very important things that I have been striving to do, even lately. We’ll see how I do as I blog this year… if I keep that one.